Get To Know About Dental Inlays & Onlays
An attractive smile has the power to stop others in their tracks. It projects beauty, strength, and confidence. And it can even spread joy wide and far. But if you have teeth affected by decay, you’ll want to get some restorative dentistry done. And at Skyview Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, inlays or onlays may be a good fit for you.
With this treatment, we can help patients achieve fantastic aesthetics and alter the way their teeth appear.
About inlays and onlays
Inlays and onlays are a restorative treatment for the teeth right behind your eye teeth or canines and molars. They are used when decay has damaged the tooth. They are one piece designed to the same shape and size as the spot of the cavity. We prefer them over a filling when the cavity is too big to be restored with a filling.
The preparation for inlays and onlays doesn’t involve the removal of significant amounts of healthy teeth. We only extract decayed or damaged portions. Every inlay and onlay is tailormade to your smile. To create them, we can take an impression and send it to our lab. Our experienced technologists then make your restoration. While you wait for it to be ready, we’ll put a temporary filling in your tooth to support and protect it.
Top 5 reasons this may be the way to go for you
- They help you make a powerful first impression.
- Similar to the beauty and strength of your natural pearly whites.
- Prevent further tooth damage with this additional reinforcement.
- No extra hygiene steps are required – just brush and floss daily.
- They are made to blend with the rest of your smile.
With the modern dental materials now at your disposal, there’s no need to advertise your dental work! Talk to us, your dentist in Aurora, about replacing those silver fillings with the natural strength and sheen of inlays and onlays. Call Skyview Family & Cosmetic Dentistry today. We’ll welcome you and your family with open arms.
Call For A Hassle-Free Inlays & Onlays Consultation
- An alternative to fillings in some instances
- Custom-made for your smile
- Undetectable by friends and family
- Easy to take care of
- Strengthen a damaged tooth.