Family Dentistry For Long-Lasting Smiles
Oral health is closely linked with general health. Specific systemic issues can arise because of poor oral health and vice versa. As a provider of family dentistry in Aurora, we can often see health issues on the horizon when a patient’s smile is in poor condition. The good thing is we can warn of potential storms brewing with an early diagnosis, preventive techniques, and expert recommendations.
How oral health can affect overall health
Research indicates that oral bacteria, often found in infected gums, can hitch a ride through the bloodstream and travel to other parts of the body. The more serious the infection, the higher the risk of this happening. When it gets there, it can…
- worsen respiratory disease
- elevate the likelihood of developing kidney cancer
- stimulate a hormone responsible for premature birth
- affect rheumatism
- increase arterial plaque, which can contribute to stroke and cardiovascular disease.
- and cause other issues.
Dentists are often the first to detect health concerns, such as diabetes, oral cancers, hypertension, and osteoporosis. The role dentists play in prevention is becoming more and more critical. And many of us are proactive when it comes to counseling patients on health issues and the importance of forming healthy habits.
Family dentistry services available at our practice
In addition to practicing a good oral hygiene routine at home, we are on your smile’s side regarding effective preventive and family dentistry. Some of the services members of your entire family can benefit from include:
- Professional cleanings and checkups
- Dental sealants
- Mouthguards (bruxism and sports guard)
At our welcoming practice, we are all looking out for your oral and overall health. We’ll take all possible measures to keep you and your loved ones informed and comfortable while under our care. Call us right away to schedule an appointment. We want to see you!
For full family dentistry, see us
- Comprehensive care under one roof
- Services for kids and adults
- Focused on ensuring your comfort
- Prevention is important to us
- We get to know you & your family!